A recent study showed that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application! !
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Overview of the Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse
The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the optimal delivery of care for members enrolled in Wayspring’s Recovery Solution. This role will be an essential aspect of the program, serving as the consultative nurse clinician to the recovery team, to promote safe and effective recovery plans for patients with co-morbidities or complex needs. The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse will be responsible for screening assessments of new members referred to Wayspring for recovery management support when there are high risk co-morbid medical conditions that may impact the ability of the member to successfully engage and achieve program milestones. The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse will be part of a multi-disciplinary care team consisting of Peer Support Specialists, Recovery Partners, and Pharmacists. The nurse will we responsible for reviewing cases for members who have been escalated for clinical complexity, medication adherence, and care coordination with other providers or care management programs. The nurse will function as the clinical expert on the team during clinical rounds, health plan client-facing meetings, or other areas where nursing support is needed in the program delivery.
Our ideal candidate would have extensive experience in behavioral health, preferably in the field of substance use disorders, interacting directly with patients and providers. The candidate should also have at least three years of medical-surgical acute care experience, or cardiovascular experience to sufficiently understand chronic illness and evidence-based management of these conditions. Experience in managed care for either behavioral health or medical case management is also preferred. Strong organizational and communication skills are a must, a background in motivational interviewing and health coaching techniques is preferred. This role also requires the ability to quickly identify problems and act to minimize the likelihood of adverse clinical outcomes. Our Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse should be comfortable working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary treatment team to achieve optimal clinical outcomes for referred members.
Responsibilities of the Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse
- Review the initial comprehensive intake for members new to Wayspring’s Recovery Solution for medical complexity or critical indicators (suicidal ideation, unsafe medication regimens, multiple medical diagnoses, complex medical diagnoses). Send risk alerts to the treatment team and help with coordination and plan of care, as well as contingency planning
- Develop routine monitoring plan to follow any patients with critical indicators by reviewing records after scheduled interactions
- Perform in-depth intake assessment for any member that is known to have complex needs or multiple critical indicators
- For complex patients with multiple needs, determine the best strategy and support for the patient to encourage engagement (Recovery Partner vs. Peer Support Specialist vs. Nursing Follow Up)
- Assist team in developing members with complex needs Care Contingency Plan to improve engagement and retention in treatment
- Consult with team pharmacist on any medication irregularities and concerns; perform medication reconciliation if indicated during any phase of the member’s engagement
- Review all members that relapse, are readmitted to an inpatient setting, or suffer a crisis event, and assist team in formulating a new Contingency Plan and Action Plan
- Ensure that Wayspring’s Peer Recovery Specialists understand and adhere to members’ treatment plans
- Act as a clinical resource specific to members’ unique issues and treatment plans for Wayspring’s Peer Recovery Specialists and Recovery Partners
- Monitor, both through evaluation of pharmacy and medical claims, as well as through regular communication with Wayspring’s Peer Recovery Specialists, progress in members’ recovery plans
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
- Master’s Degree of Science in Nursing (MSN), valid clinical license
- Board-certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of one year of experience with psychiatric and/or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient treatment and care management preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Medical or cardiac nursing, or chronic disease management in high-risk populations
- Strong customer service orientation, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and doesn’t bat an eye at change
- Belief that the status quo can be improved upon, and an innate desire for process improvement, problem solving, and results
- An appetite for learning and self-improvement
- Start-up, healthcare services, healthcare IT, and/or entrepreneur skills a plus
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH options for the Nashville Office – other markets are fully remote!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.