A recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Overview of the Senior Software Engineer
Wayspring is seeking an experienced, senior software engineer with a primary focus on backend development. The candidate should have expert Python skills, familiarity building APIs, and an understanding of the software development life cycle. This position is full-time, hybrid and remote friendly, and provides a competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer
- Participate as a senior software engineer contributor in all aspects of the SDLC
- Define, design and implement Engineering systems and patterns, including API development, CI/CD pipeline, Container Orchestration, Databases, Logging & Monitoring, Serverless Functions, Event Streams, etc.
- Build technical proof-of-concepts and/or MVPs for advanced Engineering solutions
- Develop and help enforce proper design patterns, coding practices, and best practices through proactive review and team engagement
- Proactively work on agile planning processes to understand upcoming development requirements, to provide input, and to document technical design decisions
- Collaborate with and mentor other Engineering team members
- Participate and lead technical engineering and architecture discussions
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders throughout the organization
- Support healthcare-based security and compliance requirements
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
- Degree/certificate in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Intermediate experience with a Python framework (e.g. Django, Flask, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with relational databases and SQL
- Intermediate experience with AWS or other cloud environments
- Intermediate experience designing and implementing architectural decisions
- Knowledge of security best practices; healthcare data policy experience preferred
- Preferred experience with CI/CD automation, infrastructure as code, observability development
- Bonus points: React, experience with data and reporting teams
Company and Benefits Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH options for the Nashville Office – other markets are fully remote!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.