A recent study shows that men apply for a job or promotion when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women and other marginalized groups apply only if they meet 100% of them. So, if you think you’d be a great fit, but don’t necessarily meet every single requirement on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Overview of the Payroll Operations Specialist
Wayspring is currently hiring for a Payroll Operations Specialist. While we would prefer this role to be located in our Nashville office, we will also consider remote workers. This role will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll across several states and entities, reconciling errors within relevant policy timelines, reviewing timesheets for accuracy, submitting wage adjustments, and overseeing our various bonus plans. This role will also be responsible for researching payroll tax laws, and setting up new states within the payroll system and respective government entities. This role will report to the Director of Accounting, with a dotted line relationship to the Directors of Performance & Culture and Finance.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Operations Specialist
- Process bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees across multiple states and entities
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Monitor and reconcile accounts within defined policy timelines
- Administers time and attendance system and leave policies, including configuration of new policies
- Effectively responds to employee questions surrounding payroll
- Reviews timesheets on a weekly basis, confirming approval for overtime
- Process wage garnishments
- Work cross-departmentally to ensure accuracy and payout of bonus plans
- Support audits as needed
- Provide monthly reports to appropriate teams as requested
- Other duties as assigned within Accounting, Finance, and Human Resource Departments
- Potential to expand to Benefit Administration
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of payroll experience
- Experience working with and maintaining confidential information
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of payroll, garnishments, and benefits distribution
- Knowledge of labor legislations, federal and state tax laws
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws is a plus!
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH options for the Nashville Office – other markets are fully remote!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.