Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on one of our job openings, please still apply. We’d love to consider your application and see if you could be a great fit!
At Wayspring, we are committed to furthering our value of Equity & Inclusion throughout our recruiting practices. We seek diversity of background and opinion, as we think these attributes improve the performance of our company and are the right thing to do for our communities. We recognize and remove barriers to success within our company and communities. We seek to build a recruiting process that is inclusive and fosters diversity.
Overview of the Senior Accountant
Wayspring is seeking a Senior Accountant to build out the accounting department due to the growth of the company. This newly created position reports directly to the Director of Accounting and will collaborate with many departments across the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting skills and knowledge and will apply that knowledge to new accounting and finance issues as they arise, in addition to having excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This role is a great transition out of public accounting and into the healthcare industry, providing the opportunity to learn and develop accounting skills at a rapidly growing startup with high quality talent surrounding you.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Prepare internal financial reports and provide insight to key stakeholders
- Assist with month-end close, ensuring timely reporting and accurate financial data
- Review and maintain accounting schedules and workpapers
- Assist with development and maintenance of internal control structure
- Assist with external financial audits by providing audit support and documentation
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Act as a liaison to department leaders
- Adhere to Wayspring information security and privacy requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of public accounting experience
- CPA license
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Intacct accounting software
Company and Benefit Summary
Wayspring has reimagined substance use disorder treatment. We provide individualized care, delivered with a peer-centered approach. We focus on making sure patients have their basic needs met, like access to care, economic stability, and connection to relationships and community. Then we help each person find their own way to wellness.
- Hybrid In-Office/WFH options for the Nashville Office – other markets are fully remote!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Company funded HSA
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Paid parental leave – all parents included!
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401k match
- Premium Employee Assistance Program, inclusive of counseling sessions
- Company Contributions to Future Minded Savings (think 529, HSA, Student Loan Reimbursement, and Emergency savings fund)
- Generous PTO package (accrual policy based on years of service) and an additional 10 paid company holidays
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.